Tuesday 26 August 2014

MENTHOLATUM lip ice tinted lip balm [poppy pink]



Hey EVERYONE! :3

Welcome to BayTree.

I only wear my fancy flowery dresses on Sundays to church... it’s a habit. I wear dresses on Sundays and the rest of the ordinary days would be shorts, t-shirts or leggings. OMG, I have recently formed an obsession for leggings. Maybe I should post an outfit of the day kinda thing? Oh well. BACK TO THE REVIEW! I’ve always thought I looked pale with my fancy dresses one day and decided to try lip balm or lipstick. I chose tinted lip balm instead for its two birds one stone purpose, moisturizing AND the natural flushed look. YEPP.

TODAY'S BABY: LIP ICE TINTED LIP BALM [POPPY PINK]
hopefully you are able to notice the color :0
This baby’s under MENTHOLATUM as well :o

YOURS TRULY
With and without colourless lip balm as base



FIRST IMPRESSION 
I love lip balm packaging and I have a feeling I would repeat this for my future posts. ( I am trying out the product as I type so I don’t miss any minute details. :D ) It has a distinct raspberry scent. The lip balm has a flat tip and the colour of the balm itself scares me. However when you test it on your skin, it appears to be quite sheer. It seems to have white-ish particles from the top view and it is harmlessly rough to the touch. It’s smooth and rough at the same time, I guess you could say that. When you rub your lips together you have an unpleasant exfoliation sensation on your lips.

PROS                                                     (^_^)
CONS                                                     (=_=)
          - GLOSSY SHIMMERY FINISH

         -SMELLS AS CLAIMED

         - MOISTURIZING

         -HAS UV PROTECTION - SPF 15

          -SHEER TINTED COLOUR AS CLAIMED

         -CONTAINS VIT E ANTIOXIDANT

        -LASTS 3 HOURS OR SO

           -COLOUR DOES NOT DISTRIBUTE
       EVENLY ACROSS THE LIPS

          -FEELS HEAVY

          -SLIGHT ROUGH FEEL WHEN APPLYING

\          -LEAVES RESIDUE ON LIPS
 \
           -SCENT VARIES AFTER APPLICATION

           -STAINS SIDES OF APPLICATOR


PRICE CHECK
PLACE
WATSONS
GUARDIAN
EBAY
AMAZON
PRICE
RM9.90
NP: RM9.90
NOW: RM7.08
$6.92
+FREE POSTAGE
$11.50


VERDICT: NO


I did not like how it turned out at all. It looked nothing like the picture after application. Even after I used a colourless lipbalm as base it still looked as though I used poor quality watercolour. The picture on the website made the lip balm look smooth and claims to result in smooth lips but the white residue chunks was not smooth. At all.

 I got mine from Watson and I was quite disappointed since I really liked the colour on my lips. It felt uncomfortable in my opinion but at least it wasn’t as greasy and heavy. I wanted to try the Baby Pink and Wild Red initially but after I tried Poppy Pink I am quite hesitant to do so now. Although if you do see me using it, it’s mainly because I don’t want to waste and it’s not totally bad. Hope this helps!


NOTE: ALL PRODUCTS AND MY WONDERFULLY UNBIASED OPINIONS ARE STRICTLY MY OWN.


Thanks for reading!



ROVE YOU BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment